Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shame on you, US. Really.

I've been meaning to post this for awhile....these photos are from Us magazine a month or two ago. They make me so upset! I can't believe that a national well-known magazine got away with this. I don't mean to be up on a soap box, but really? These are the role models we have for women and young girls in this country? They should be ashamed.

Look at this picture of Kelly Ripa. She is so obviously emaciated. Here's what the tag says - "I try to do a variety of exercises," a CUT Kelley Ripa tells Us.
I know I'm not the healthiest person in the world, but I sure don't think this is a healthy ideal.






















It gets better. Later in the magazine, they talk about the "struggle" celebs go through to keep their FAB figures. In case you can't read the text, I typed it out below.

















Elizabeth Hurley - The former model, 45, who once said she went to bed hungry to stay slim, also has a spartan start to her day. "I swear by almost nothing for breakfast," she tweeted August 24. "Mugs of hot water!"

Amanda Seyfried - The Dear John star, 24, sticks to raw food to maintain her shape - not that she likes it. It's "sort of awful," she has complained. "Yesterday for lunch? Spinach...and some seeds."

Kristin Bauer - What sucks more than vampires? For True Blood star Bauer, 36, her diet. "The other day I realized as long as I'm in this business, I'm going to be hungry," she admitted.

Julianne Moore - Her secrets to a movie-ready body: a "boring diet of, essentially, yogurt and breakfast cereal and granola bars," the actress, 49, has said. "I hate dieting...I'm hungry all the time."

2 comments:

Eva said...

unbelievable!!! It makes you want to do an intervention.

lil mama said...

disgusting :(. it scares me for my girls.