Sunday, October 24, 2010

Man (or woman) down!

So I've been doing pretty well since I got home from Fitness Ridge. I'm down just over 20 pounds since checking into the resort on 9/25. But when I stepped on the scale this morning, it said that I lost nothing over the past week. Not too worried about it because I don't think I have the best scale and I know I was good with eating and working out in the past week. But this weekend I'm not doing anything much physically. At work on Friday night I passed out. It was so weird and embarrassing and has never happened to me before. I know I had eaten enough, so it wasn't that. I hit my head pretty hard a couple times on the cabinet behind me. So I've got a few bumps and bruises and I'm still not feeling great. I don't want to push it by working out, so I'm spending my day off today on the couch. Trying to fit the doctor in sometime tomorrow on my lunch break. I just want to check everything out and make sure all is good.

But I do feel like I have changed my lifestyle. I'm actually bored by sitting on the couch today and want to get out and do something. Before, I would be more than happy to sit on the couch and eat bad all day. I think twice (or more) about what I eat and the eating out is getting a little bit easier. Although, since I'm in a new city by myself, it's somewhat easier in a way because I don't go out too often and I have the time to work out. I know what it's like to have someone (in the same city) to push you to do your best and it's great. But I also know what it's like to have negative health influences and the only one of those here is myself at times!

I was looking at the Fitness Ridge Facebook page today and I really, reallllly want to book my next trip. Some of the people I was there with are going back next September. But that's going to be pretty bad timing for me. And I'm nervous about using a week of my time off for FR when I could use it to travel and see my friends/family. But who knows, I'm sure I'll get in there at some point! :)

No comments: