Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dumas

Dana down! I fell on the hike today. :( I was in a new hike group and feeling great, speeding along and keeping up. Then a rock came up from out of the earth and GRABBED my foot! Imagine! OK, maybe not. Maybe I was going to fast or not paying enough attention. Either way, I smashed up my knee. Nothing serious, just a bloody skinned knee. It was at the beginning of the hike, so it affected me a little, but I still finished the hike (Scout Cave). I didn't take any pictures because I was on this hike last time. I'll post the menu in an upcoming post.

I can't believe I forgot this yesterday. In one of our gym classes where you're supposed to push yourself to the max at intervals, we had a scary thing happen. This older lady all of a sudden couldn't move, couldn't see and didn't know where she was. She's the sweetest thing on earth; it was very hard to see. We thought she was having a stroke and about 6-7 emergency vehicles came really fast. She didn't choose to go to the hospital and is saying it was a mixture of aspirin and medication but some of us aren't sure about that so we're keeping an eye on her today. I told her today she's very popular and everyone's always going to be asking how she is. Every time she made a noise on the machine next to me, I found myself making sure she was OK. The weird part for all of us in the gym was that we had to keep going for the class. We weren't allowed to stop at all. It felt very selfish. But the trainer reminded us that we are here for ourselves and that she was in good hands. I'm glad she's OK!

That's all I gots! Short post today. See y'all tomorrow (maybe).

1 comment:

Julie Pederson said...

It's so exciting for me to read your posts. I can't remember, is this your first trip to Fitness Ridge. I go for only one week for my first time next month. I'm so excited, but I'm a little scared that they are going to KILL me there. I haven't even started getting conditioned for this. Yikes! Working on getting some good shoes. Still need to quit my morning coffee and sugar. Things like that. I'm sorry you fell on your hike. Hopefully, it didn't make you too stiff. The hikes are what I am most excited for. That, and not cooking for anyone. Yeah! And not having time to worry about anything. Good luck to you! Sounds like you are doing great and have much to be proud of!

Julie
Parker, Colorado