Friday, April 15, 2011

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Negatives from this week:
I fell down on a hike
I have a 3" long blister on my foot
I got lost on a walk by myself today and was gone 2 hours
I got a very pretty sunburn on said hike, with a fancy design
My skin is a giant mess of allergic reaction to something

Positives from this week:
I did it.

I did it, and I did it all. No slacking, no sitting on the sidelines. I'm here to make it count. I'm here to push my hardest.

On today's hike (camelback), I went to the top of the camelback AND I went down into the vortex - something I couldn't do last time because it was full of water. Only 3 people out of my group of 10 made it into the vortex and 4 went to the top of camelback. I really like my new hike group. Tomorrow is a short day - there is no 6am class on Saturdays. You just eat breakfast and you choose whether you want to hike or do a 2 1/2 hour cardio class. Then when you're done there is a stretch class and you're free for the rest of the day other than meals. This is why I choose to leave on Saturday and not Sunday. So since my motto was to do my best, I signed up to do the dreaded stop sign hike again. I figured, it's my last day! I'm going to try to make it all the way up and back down again. If my legs are dead for the next two days, that's OK! I'll be at home! Fine and dandy until I got lost on my walk today and ended up with a painful 3" blister on my foot. So we'll see how it is tomorrow. Here are a buuuuunch of pictures. Enjoy :)

menus from today and yesterday

















menus from today and yesterday

















stop sign hike - the devil!






















top of camelback

















this is the vortex

















starting to come back up - very hard! much harder than getting down




































































the knee (getting better!) and foot
























1 comment:

carie friggin mckeown said...

hey lady! I can't see all the pics for some reason, but I was able to see a few! That's awesome! You r doing a great job! I'm hoping some of ur motivation will rub off on me!