Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/8 - 5/14

total calories burned = 22,792
- total calories consumed = 13,001
= 9,791 calories GONE
/3500 =2.8 lbs GONE

When I weighed in, the scale said I lost 1/2 lb. However, I didn't weigh in first thing in the morning, so that had an effect. AND my calories consumed has a lot of estimates and includes a lot of bad food. I was in the airport and sick last Sunday and allowed myself to eat crap. Then I took my employees out to a Mexican restaurant and couldn't resist some of the food like I thought I could. Then my mom was in town and I was better than I would have been in the past, but definitely not good.

In the past couple of weeks, I've had a big decision on my mind. I had a couple job opportunities present themselves - both required a big move. In the end, I chose a new job back in Chicago. I'm very happy because I'll get to be with my friends and family again. And I've always wanted to live in Chicago, so I'm planning to rent downtown for a year or so. I'm a little concerned about my ability to stay on track with the weight loss throughout the transition. My last day of work in New Orleans is tomorrow. Then I have some friends coming in town. Then I'll be working M-F in Chicago, staying in a hotel. Then hopefully I'll be back in New Orleans to meet the movers to pack my things followed by a long drive to Chicago. OK now that I wrote that all down, I'm even more concerned about staying on track. :(

1 comment:

lil mama said...

you can do it! seriously, you know you can. maybe not to the extent you'd like but just try to keep out the "since i'm already eating bad may as well eat horrible" attitude. you got this, mama! and p.s. yay for you coming home!!!