Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day Three - Wednesday

I think we've made it past the hump! Today we had a hike that was pretty amazing. It had great views and we got to see tons of really old paintings from Indians that lived in the area. We climbed giant rocks and it was a really tough hike, but not as bad as the stop sign hike.

This morning I woke up and we went to the Yogalates optional class. I was feeling so nauseas, I had to leave before class was over. It happened to a few people so we think it's due to the electrolyte tablets we put in our hydration packs (funny enough, these tablets are supposed to STOP us from getting sick!) Then we had breakfast (basically a sandwich thin with natural peanut butter and strawberries and bananas and then a side of fruit again). After that was the hike. You can't help but self-reflect when you're in that beautiful environment. I kept thinking - I have two arms, two legs and so mostly a healthy body. I was given this one body and I should try to keep it as healthy as possible and see and do as many things as I can. Many people don't get that opportunity. Below are a couple pics.




























After the hike, we had a pool class that was a bit harder than the other day. Then we had lunch (pumpkin soup which I thought was disgusto and a greek pizza). Pizza pic below (this is half of it, it was good after I took off the mushrooms!)














After lunch we had another couple lectures (makes us fall asleep!) and then we had my favorite - KICKBOXING! I loooove kickboxing. It was a really tough workout. Then we had mountain class - I posted about this before where you increase either your speed or intensity every 3 minutes until basically you want to die. :) Then lastly we had another pool class and dinner. Dinner was salmon - PEOPLE, I tried it! I couldn't do it. I even ate two bites and not just one. Fish is not my friend (at least not yet). We actually got about 20 minutes of free time today before lunch. It was awesome! I hung out in the pool and the hot tub. Last thing we got to do tonight was sign up for an optional Target trip. Kim and I signed up so we could get a few things we needed. It was cracking me up to have the Biggest Loser van pull up to Target with a bunch of fatties getting out. HAAAAHAHA so I thought I'd take a pic for you all. Have a great night!

1 comment:

PeggyM said...

Dana - love the pictures and rundown of your day. Really interesting to read about the Ridge since I am coming 10/24.
Thanks so much.