Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day Zero (Arrival)

We're here! And we're nervous. After flying into Vegas last night and taking a 2 hour+ death-defying shuttle ride to the resort, we made it. We settled into our rooms and took a tour of the place. Note: 105 degrees with a "dry heat" it still freaking hot. Not kidding. I'm a little sunburnt just from walking around for a few minutes. The pool is really nice, the workout rooms are awesome and the mountains are a-ma-zing. After our quick tour, we had the dreaded weigh in. Somehow I ended up with this very small man to weigh me and take my measurements. Just a little uncomfortable when he was measuring the bust line and told me to move the measuring tape "directly to the middle of your nipples." Kim told him there was a BETTER way to say this - perhaps "move to the largest part of your bust?" So we all found out we're fat and round. Not as painful as it could have been, actually. We made nice with a few people and made a couple friends. Ashley and I also identified candidates for our future husbands. :)

Here we are in front of the front entrance sign.














Then we headed in for dinner. Below is the menu they put up for us - we were only here for dinner and dessert today, the rest was for the people who stayed over from last week.


















So below is a picture of the cobb salad. It was sooooooo good! I've never had a real cobb salad so I couldn't tell you how it compares but it was delicious. Proof of how good it was is the picture below that!




























And this was the dessert. Dessert was not so good but Stacy made me eat it.














Tomorrow we start with a yoga/pilates class (optional, but we're going damn it!). And we have a 3-4 hour hike and some other things that I'll write about tomorrow night. Really worried about blisters and getting sunburnt. We'll see how it goes! Nervous, but definitely excited. It will all be well worth it and I'm so glad I'm here.

PS one funny story - the 4 of us had to figure out how to get our fancy hydration packs set up. We thought we were so smart because 3 of us had it "figured out." We couldn't get Ashley's so we had to go to the front desk for help. Turns out we had the water hoses through the headphone hole and the water pack on the completely wrong side - we had it all jacked up. The front desk guy was very nice to not laugh at us. If you're coming here, I would recommend trying to figure out your Camelbak before you arrive!

2 comments:

lil mama said...

love this!

RuthM said...

Thank you for your post and the pictures.. I am coming next week. Wow, that heat is intimidating. I hope it cools down next week. Good luck and enjoy your full first day. That pool will be very inviting after your hike. Go For It !!!